Speaker: Judith S. Gordon, PhD
Fee: $49/DDS; $29/Staff
AGD Code: 010
E-cigarette use has become an epidemic among adolescents and young adults in the United States. New information and research results are available on these products every day. There are many short-term health consequences related to vaping, but nothing is known about the long-term health effects. Oral health professionals are uniquely qualified to discuss e-cigarette use with their adult and adolescent patients. Accurate information is crucial to providing patients with evidence-based advice.
- Understand the difference in vaping patterns between younger and older adults.
- Know the chemicals contained in e-liquids and aerosols.
- Become familiar with current knowledge about systemic and oral health effects of vaping.
- Become familiar with how to discuss vaping with youth.
- Recognize evidence-based tobacco treatments.
This course is designed for the entire dental team.
Co-sponsored by MDA Insurance and MDA Services.