Speaker: Lauren Johnson, DDS
Fee: $49/DDS; $29/Staff
AGD Code: 750
As our population continues to age, an increasing number of patients will develop physical and cognitive deficits, while many people in our communities are already living with these conditions. The purpose of this course is to familiarize dental professionals with needs of adults with changing abilities whether caused from developmental, trauma, or progressive conditions, and safely and confidently continue treating patients in their offices.
- Review issues of guardianship, durable power of attorney, and patient advocates, including competency and capacity evaluation referrals.
- Learn what to ask about during a health history review.
- Learn to safely treat these patients in your office.
- Determine goals of treatment and discuss treatment modifications, particularly as patients near end of life.
- Identify considerations for dental prognosis and patient’s overall monitoring needs.
This course is designed for the entire dental team.
Co-sponsored by MDA Insurance and MDA Services.