The Professional Protector Plan (PPP) Control, Protocol and Risk Management Seminar will help mitigate risk in your practice and present real-life experiences of dentists who have encountered malpractice claims. This course is designed for all general dentists, specialists, and office staff members.
- Management of patient communications by choosing words wisely, listening intently, and earning trust and respect.
- Implementing office protocols so the entire team utilizes the same risk and safety policies.
- Providing clinical treatment that meets or exceeds the accepted standard of care.
- Understanding basic principles of acceptable chart and record documentation and the responsibilities of protecting patient health information.
- Developing effective patient management regarding non-clinical issues and adverse events.
- Understanding the fundamentals of legal concepts, including general informed consent, vicarious liability, and negligence.
PPP-insured dentists will receive a 10% discount on their professional liability premium for three years by attending.
This course counts toward the Certified Dental Business Professional program. Earn 4 credits in the Risk Management category. Click here for more information on the MDA Certified Dental Business Professional program. Look for this logo for other CDBP-qualifying courses.
Co-Sponsored by MDA Insurance and the Professional Protector Plan.