Speaker: Shakila Angadi, DDS
Fee: $89/DDS; $59/Staff
AGD Code: 770
This course will dive into the principles of empathetic listening and will review the physiology of human connection through emotional intelligence. The concepts of passive and active listening will be emphasized, along with a deep understanding of emotional language and its usage to create healthy communication patterns. We will reflect on the challenges of emotional communication in the era of post-COVID challenges, plus tools to navigate communicative processes. We will review the common errors in conflict resolution and explore the variable responses to determine the desired outcome.
- Identify emotional vocabulary as a skillset.
- Discover the basis of human connection and emotional understanding.
- Utilizing the concept of reactional pausing with EQ tools and methods.
- Develop tools to engage in empathetic communication.
- Explore conflict resolution through empathetic listening.
This course is designed for the entire dental team.
Recommended by the New Dentist Committee.
This course is part of the Leadership Forum track.
This course counts toward the Dental Business Professional certification.
Earn 2 credits in the Service/Communication category. Click here for more information on the MDA Certified Dental Business Professional program.
Co-sponsored by MDA Insurance and MDA Services.