Speaker: Vincent Benivegna, DDS
Fee: $49/DDS; $29/Staff
AGD Code: 340
Persistent opioid use after dental and surgical care is common. All practitioners should consider opioid best practices for the sake of optimal pain care for their patients.
- Understand how to counsel patients on the effects and risks associated with using opioids and other controlled substances.
- Review state and federal laws regarding prescribing and dispensing controlled substances.
- Discover alternate treatments for pain management.
- Learn when to use opioids and other controlled substances.
- How to utilize the Michigan Automated Prescription System.
This course is designed for the entire dental team.
This course Michigan Board of Dentistry’s pain management requirement and meets the one-time training requirement to renew the controlled substance pharmacy license for dentists.
Co-sponsored by MDA Insurance and MDA Services.